[Serusers] if power failure happens in UA while call is in progress, Ser accounts wrong

Ricardo Carvalho rcarvalho at iric.up.pt
Fri Oct 13 17:20:42 CEST 2006

Meanwhile I was making my scripts for management of the accounting, I
realized and after some call has been answered if the called party
simply has a power failure or network failure, no BYE message ever gets
returned to the other party, what results in the acc table in one ACK
message and after that no more messages belonging to that call-id. This
can mean erroneously that the call is still in progress eternally,
resulting in an enormous  billing to the caller!!
This is a very serious issue! How can I protect my system from this kind
of problems?

Thanks,
Ricardo.