[Serusers] DNS Server setup

Meidiana Ten gotcha_em at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 13:05:22 CEST 2006

Hi Samuel,
  Thanx for the reply..You said that I have to setup DNS server, but I've already setting up them all.
  To make sure that my DNS is running, please check the following named file.

  db.202.95.149 :
  TL    86400
@       IN      SOA     sip.pcr.ac.id. root.pcr.ac.id.  (
                                      1997022700 ; Serial
                                      28800      ; Refresh
                                      14400      ; Retry
                                      3600000    ; Expire
                                      86400 )    ; Minimum
      IN    NS    sip.pcr.ac.id.
      IN    MX 10 sip.pcr.ac.id.
50      IN      PTR     sip.pcr.ac.id.

  localhost.zone :
  $TTL  86400
$ORIGIN localhost.
@                 1D IN SOA   @ root (
                              42          ; serial (d. adams)
                              3H          ; refresh
                              15M         ; retry
                              1W          ; expiry
                              1D )        ; minimum

                  1D IN NS    @
                  1D IN A           127.0.0.1

  named.local :
  $TTL  86400
@       IN      SOA     localhost. root.localhost.  (
                                      1997022700 ; Serial
                                      28800      ; Refresh
                                      14400      ; Retry
                                      3600000    ; Expire
                                      86400 )    ; Minimum
              IN      NS      localhost.

1       IN      PTR     localhost.

  sip.pcr :
  $TTL  86400
@       IN      SOA     sip.pcr.ac.id. root.pcr.ac.id.  (
                                      1997022700 ; Serial
                                      28800      ; Refresh
                                      14400      ; Retry
                                      3600000    ; Expire
                                      86400 )    ; Minimum
            IN    NS          sip.pcr.ac.id.
_sip._udp.  SRV   0 0 5060    sip.pcr.ac.id.
            IN    MX 10       sip.pcr.ac.id.
sip         IN    A           202.95.149.2
mail        IN    CNAME       sip

  When I test it ( host -t ns pcr.ac.id ), it will show:
  pcr.ac.id name server sip.pcr.ac.id.

  I thought it has been set up successfully.
  Please let me know if there are any error in my DNS server configuration.

  Thanx for advance,

  Meidiana

samuel <samu60 at gmail.com> wrote:
  There's no entry for pcr.ac.id in the DNS server and SER is not able
to resolve the IP where to send the request to.

Setup the DNS server or use IPs(not recommended):
Samuel.

2006/10/10, Meidiana Ten :