[Serusers] cancel message and to tag

Hye-Jeong Mok hyejeongmok at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 10 01:35:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

Have a question about the CANCEL message and the to tag. Let say I have a
UAC sending INVITE to SER. SER responds with 183 message with a to tag =
111. Then the UAC sends CANCEL with no tag, and SER responds with 200
message with the new to tag = 222, followed by 487 message with to tag 222.
SER 0.9.0 that I'm using behaves this way.

I believe in 3261, the to tag of the 200 message in response to the CANCEL
that has no tag, it has to be the same as the to tag that is in the previous
1xx message. So in this case, SER that I'm using is doing something wrong?
Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
HJ