[Serusers] SIP to AS communication

Dragos Vingarzan vingarzan at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Oct 9 14:45:20 CEST 2006

Hi Greger,

We were planning on creating a separate project on berlios for the IMS
stuff. So far we still have to figure out what you said, how to package
it together with SER so that we have the latest version of SER but also
the modules stable with that.

FHoSS has Cx and Sh support. The Diameter support is provided through
our JavaDiameterPeer libraries that inter-operate properly with the
CDiameterPeer ones, in SER. We also had a series of successful
interoperability trials with other Diameter stacks. However, at the
moment the Diameter protocol is not implemented 100% (for example, there
is no SCTP support for now), but the set in there is sufficient for IMS.

Yes, IPSec is not compatible with NAT. From an operator's point of view,
IMS does not make too much sense if you don't control the Access Network
because of the most hyped thing in IMS, QoS. Anyway, IPSec is optional
now and transparent if your client does not use it.

TLS was not yet tested. I still have to write the "glue" with the pcscf
module in order to exchange the keys. It was just an idea, but I haven't
found anything standardized anywhere about IMS+TLS and I was waiting a
little for that.

On this topic, some parts of other modules are pasted in. For example
the pcscf includes some nathelper functionality. I know that the best
thing would have been to just use the nathelper module, but the pcscf
has its own reversed-registrar, as usrloc is not suitable.

And this is not the only thing, so I think that in the first months we
will have to do some accommodation work on both sides in order to have
an easily maintainable tree.

So far I know that you will be interested. Anybody else?

Cheers,
Dragos

Dipl. Eng. Dragos Vingarzan
FOKUS/NGNI
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
10589 Berlin,Germany
Phone +49 (0)30 - 3463 - 7385
Mobile +49 (0)163 - 159 - 5221
eMail vingarzan at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Web www.fokus.fraunhofer.de
We could change the world if God would give us the source code...