[Serusers] SER connecting to SIP VoIP providers

Voipers Portugal voipers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:10:59 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I am am using SER to provide SIP service to my clients, but I would like to
allow them to make outbound calls. This is where a SIP VoIP provider comes
in. As far as I know, I have 2 possibilities:

- using IP authentication
- using client authentication

As for the first one, I only have to forward the INVITE messages, right?

What I would like to know, is how to use "user authentication". In this
case, it would be transparent to the VoIP provider since it should be
treated as a regular SIP user agent.

Can anyone help me out?

Jose Simoes