[Users] DST and accounting

Dimo begeragus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 14:18:07 CEST 2006

Hello,
I have sent this a while ago but it did not come, so if you are
getting the mail for the second time sorry.

You may be aware of the accounting problem with Daylight Savings Time.
Currently in Radius accounting we have a timestamp of the event
acoording to system clock (i think). So if a call starts soon before a
daylight saving change and ends soon after it, it may have too big or
negative duration, depending on whethere the clock moved forward or
backward.

Is there a way to make accounting take notice of that (maybe
accounting in gmt+offset or something?)

Any ideas appreciated, as you know DST is comming soon for europe at least.

Dimitar