[Users] Replication ACK problem

Dioris Moreno nesken at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 15:45:07 CEST 2006

Hi everybody

I have a working installation of OpenSER (Proxy A). In this
installation, the ACK messages are delivery without any problem through
loose_route() and t_relay(). Then, I installed a second OpenSER proxy
(Proxy B) and configure both servers to replicate REGISTER messages with
t_replicate(), and it works fine. I made a lot of captures to check the
replication process was working fine and also to check the NAT pings;
each proxy takes care of the NATed clients it receives sending OPTIONS
message periodically. I'm using mediaproxy to support NATed clients; to
avoid each proxy starting a media session when it find a NATed client I
used the following rule: a proxy receiving messages from another proxy
never starts a media session, the proxy that sends the message takes
care of that.

Having two registered clients (Client A in Proxy A and Client B in Proxy
B), I start making calls from Client A to Client B, but I found
something in the captures. All the messages flow correctly, except the
final ACK message sent by Client A to Client B. Proxy A receives this
message and pass it to Proxy B, but Proxy B never deliver it to Client
B. Of course, the media session never starts. I was searching info about
this situation and I found an email respond from Bogdan about using
t_newtran() to process ACK messages, I tried, but it didn't work.

Has anybody ever had the same problem? Is there a special way to deal
with ACK messages when we're working with replicated proxies?

I'll appreciate any help.