[Users] dialog expired accounting

Ron Winacott ronw at somanetworks.com
Tue Oct 24 16:49:59 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 4:15 am, tele wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've read about the dialog module and the new "default_timeout" or
> "timeout_avp" features. What i need to know it's if in case of
> default_timeout or timeout by avp the calls are anyway accounted.
> How are accounted the calls if dialog timeout expired?

Well, they are accounted for just like any other call. The dialog timeout (avp
or default) will only delete the internal dialog resources, but will not
terminate the call in anyway. The next transaction for the (dead) dialog will
still go through, but you get an error message stating the dialog could not
be found. So the conversation continues, until you see the BYE and the normal
acc module accounting is called.

The timeout/avp is just so the dialog module can identify dead conversations
and free up locally held resources. (and to call the callbacks so higher
level functionality can take the needed actions.)

The dialog module as it stands does not really offer any new functionality, it
offers inferstructure to build onto of, like the SST module.

Hope this helps,
	ronw