[Users] OpenSER Summit - Preview (I)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Oct 24 13:09:42 CEST 2006

Hello,

the agenda is getting close to final version. I just want to preview the
content of the event, now with two weeks before the event.

I believe we manged to bring there in discussion most of the domains
VoIP could touch and hot topics nowadays. We cover from development to
business cases, from research to IMS, 3/4G. Next is a briefing of
agenda, as of today, although it may change a bit in the future.

The summit day (November 8) will start with introduction of special
guests and history of OpenSER. It will be followed by a set of heavy
subjects of VoIP: Application Server based on Java SipServlet
technology, geographic redundancy and VoIP on mobile network. VoIPUser
open VoIP services will then show their statistics and evolution over
the years, and how they become one of the biggest VoIP communities world
wide.

Noon break will allow to visit the exhibition and group chats for hot
discussions. Afternoon session will bring very interesting subjects:
safe peering; high availability; OpenSER IMS prototype; developing VoIP
applications; a look educational VoIP infrastructures - INRIA & SIP.edu
plus a walk through VoIP opportunities.

We end the day with what should be very entertaining: open discussion
about OpenSER future and roadmap. This is not all, there are other
special guests that can give you key notes about other topics and
products of VoIP.

As usual, details at:
http://www.openser.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=57&Itemid=71

More will come as the event approaches.