[Users] Difference between Alias and Listen

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Thu Oct 19 20:11:56 CEST 2006

>> it is very common that hostname of proxy is different than users's
>> domains.

Yes, but I meant under what conditions would that proxy receive a request
with a pre-loaded route header (I may not know what that means)
containing the name of the proxy itself and not the user's domain?

I'm guessing the answer is "almost always." as it's the
proxy name/ip address that gets inserted in Route: and Record-Route:
headers... is that correct?

BTW, in openser, what controls whether an IP address or a hostname
gets put in those headers?

Thanks,
-mark