[Users] Difference between Alias and Listen

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Thu Oct 19 18:49:18 CEST 2006

 > >> alias="sip1.foobar.com:5060"  /* Aliases for Domain 1 */
 >
 > Don't put the port in there.   Just list the domains that
 > the server is responsible for.

>> if you have two openser instances in the same box listening at different
>> ports, you want to make sure that the box is the correct one, for
>> example, when an initial request comes with pre-loaded route header.

What?   Are you saying the alias should list a port?

>> i need to use alias for checking pre-loaded route header containing the
>> domain name of the proxy.

Are you saying that as a developer of the openser internals
or as a someone who runs an openser box with your own openser.cfg?

You are actually the person we want to hear from :-)
We, or at least I, just need more clarification of the
questions I raised in that previous email.

Thanks,
-mark