[Users] OpenSER not working after running for several days

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Oct 19 17:43:20 CEST 2006

On Thursday 19 October 2006 17:25, Mark Kent wrote:
> > I had to lock-down the network card to 10mbit full-duplex. It was
> > autoselecting 100mbit half-duplex.
> > Hope that helps someone... sometime...
>
> Autoselecting 100/half probably means that the link auto-negotiation
> failed, as that is the default.  It might fail because the other side was
> nailed down, perhaps to 10/full.  That seems like an unlikely choice... but
> one reason why it might be nailed at 10mbits is because someone before you
> couldn't get it to run well at 100mbits and discovered that setting it to
> 10 was a "solution."   If that was the case, I'ld guess that the cable
> between the switch and the server is lengthy  and that it was not tied down
> in the prescribed order (wO, O, wG, Bl, wBl, G, wBr, Br) [or swap O and G].

Hi,
Locking it to 10/full was what the MCI technician recommended after I opened a
ticket because the line was dropping to 500Kbs up/down. This was a 4Mbit
up/down line burstable to 10. They said it was not possible to increase the
capacity of this line, so I guess they are using their old 10Mbit equipment
for this. Since locking it like they asked speed has been fine, and the cable
is a 2 meter factory made one plugging into the datacenter patch-panel, so I
don't think that's a problem...

Thanks for the tips though.

Richard