[Users] OpenSER not working after running for several days

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Oct 19 09:56:18 CEST 2006

On Thursday 19 October 2006 09:40, Papadopoulos Georgios wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago, in an effort to solve the problem I upgraded from
> 1.0 to 1.1. It ran fine for several days but eventually the same thing
> happened. I have no idea what to check for. Has anyone else seen this
> problem? Is there anything I can do to figure this out?

I had a similar problem, where it looked like the openser slowed down, and
then stopped accepting calls.
It got so bad I had to setup sipsak to send a message to the server every
minute, and send a message to my phone when it didn't get a reply.
In the end it turned out it was being caused by the server not having a
working DNS setting configuired in its network settings. Even though i had
dns=no and rev_dns=no in the openser config, it seems something was trying to
look-up the aliases that that server itself was listening on, or the realm of
the clients...
It would run ok, but it was as though the multitude of failed dns lookups
would finally halt the system, or something...
Anyway, after setting-up dns properly it was fine.
Another time I had something similar where the server seemed to slow way down,
I had to lock-down the network card to 10mbit full-duplex. It was
autoselecting 100mbit half-duplex.
Hope that helps someone... sometime...

Richard.