[Users] Re: Double Registration with Openser proxy and Openser registrar

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri Oct 13 09:22:38 CEST 2006

On 10/12/06 09:41, Lindsey Hans Joseph Lao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I currently have this setup
>
> client --> (private interface) OpenSER (public interface) -->
> registrar (public)
>
> In this scenario, I am configuring OpenSER to function as an
> application level gateway and at the same time a proxy server. I was
> able to successfully manipulate the contact headers thru textops
> module such a way that the IP registering in the registrar is the
> public one.  NAThelper's fix_nated_contact and fix_nated_register
> won't work. No idea why...  What I want to happen is that registration
> requests from the client would register with OpenSER (save in
> userlocation) and also register with the registrar, is there a way to
> do this?
it is possible, who is doing the authentication? the registrar? In this
case is is a bit complicated and you may need to do some development,
because you will have to take care of the replies to REGISTERs, if they
are not 200OK you have to remove the contact from OpenSER. You can use
save_noreply() in OpenSER not to sent the reply.