[Users] UN-REGISTER

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Oct 4 19:07:34 CEST 2006

Hi Carsten,

well...things are not quite so simple.

the "desc_time_order" in usrloc controls how the contacts are ordered at
insert time - when a new contact is received, it maybe inserted in the
contacts list (for the AOR record) based on q or time criteria.

the "desc_time_order" in register controls the update process - when a
contact is updated,  it will be moved first if the option is enabled.
Initial insert is not affected at all.

So, it looks like these parameters (from different modules) controls
different things:
    usrloc - insert order
    registrar - update order

which IMHO doesn't look so consistent....What people what to achieve is
to have the contacts ordered either by q, either by modification time
(insert or update)...which means you have to set the param in both
modules....

I think will make sense to remove the param from registrar module, but
to move it's functionality in usrloc module.

regards,
bogdan