[Users] Please help for tasting TLS with minisip

Ferianto siregar ferianto_voip at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 04:18:41 CEST 2006

Dear Jeevan,

  How are you? I do hope your are fine.
I would like to say thanks to you for your help before. Thank you.
I am so sorry for disturb you. Sorry

Jeevan, I still have problem with configuring minisip like I asked you a week ago.
I still can not make a call with minisip. There is always error message.
Can I ask you again, Please?

  Here is my problem:
1. I run ./gen_rooCA.sh and running this script, I got rootCA directory.
This directory contains:
 a.cacert.pem
 b.index
 c.serial
 d.private directory which contains cakey.pem
 e. cert directory which contain 01.pem

  2. I run ./gen_usercert.sh user and running this script,I got user directory. This directory
contains:
 a.user-calist.pem
 b.user-cert.pem
 c.user-privkey.pem
 d.user-cert_req.pem

  3. When running minisip (suppported TLS), I  done these tasks:
 a.In "Preferences settings", I use TLS port in "enable TLS Local Port"
   and "Transport Method" is TLS.

  My Questions:
  1. In "Personal Settings", what file should I put? I mean, in menu "choose a certificate",
   what should I browse to fill this?
2. In " choosen a private key", what should I browse to fill this?
3. In "CA database", what sholud I browse to fill this?

  Because when I fill "chosee a certificate" with "cacert.pem", the "choosen a private key" with "cakey.pem"
,and the " CA databese" with "user-cert.pem","cacert.pem","user-calist.pem","user-privkey.pem", I got the error message:

  The error message said that the "SSL : connect failed"
  Here is :
SipMessageTransport: sendMessage: creating new socket
IP4Address(string): sip.pcr.ac.id (202.95.149.251)
Creating new SSL_CTX
Enter PEM pass  phrase:openser
Unknown command: o
Packets will be displayed to the screen
Unknown command: e
Unknown command: n
Unknown command: s
Unknown command: e
  SSL: connect failed
SipMessageTransport: sendMessage: exception thrown!
  Registering all identities to their registrar:
    Registration request sent (username = aldi at pcr.ac.id)
SipMessageTransport: sendMessage: creating new socket
IP4Address(string): sip.pcr.ac.id (202.95.149.251)

  What should I do, Jeevan? I have tried it many times, but I still can not make a call with minisip.
I realize that my skill is too weak.

  Would you mind guide me again to solve this problem? Please...

  Thank you very much.. I am sorry for waste your time, Thanks.

Regards :)

  Ferianto
   Note:
1. I can not run openssl x509 -in cakey.pem -out cakey.crt. It says that it can not converted. TRUSTED CERTIFICATE
2. I copy all the file ("cacert.crt",cakey.pem","user-calist.pem",etc) from my linux server to windows. Because windows can not
download with the extension .pem. Is it correct?