[Serusers] Re: Fw: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Wed Nov 22 12:41:25 CET 2006

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> to drive weird routes because of missing functions. Probably this is
> getting better with the select framework in Ottendorf - if only I could
> understand it.

   I posted the description of the framework to serdev some time ago. The
   idea is very simple, selects are denoted by @ in the configuration
   file. The name of the select will be translated into a function which
   returns the relevant part of the SIP message/transport information.

   For example @ruri.user will call function select_uri_user which will
   be given the Request-URI as the parameter and the function will return
   the username part of the URI.

   Select identifiers are translated into function calls using
   translation trees stored in form of select_row_t tables. This is
   similar to how SER looks up module functions.

   See also:
   http://www.iptel.org/attribute_value_pairs_and_selects

      Jan.