[Serusers] route by time of the day?

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Mon Nov 20 22:59:44 CET 2006

On Nov 20, 2006 at 22:47, Atle Samuelsen <clona at cyberhouse.no> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> * Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul <andrei at iptel.org> [061120 21:39]:
> > On Nov 20, 2006 at 16:50, Ricardo Martinez <rmartinez at redvoiss.net> wrote:
> > > Hello list.
> > > 	I'm wondering if anyone has implemented a routing rule depending on the time of the day.
> >
> > None that I know of.
> >
> > > 	Is there a way to acomplish this?, maybe using AVP ? or something like that?
> >
> > You would need either a new module or you could perhaps modify lcr to
> > take the date into account (should be easy).
>
> Why not extend the avp-framework ? you could then do a
> if($time>=1200){
>         route(1200)
> }else{
>         route(else);
> };

I've assumed that a huge date based routing table was involved (that's
why I suggested changing lcr).
Anyway avp is not the answer, avp are used to store attributes (and the
current time is not a user/domain attribute).
A new script functions would work:
if (gettimeofday()>"10:01:45"){...}.

I can see the use, but right now adding this has a very low priority
(next release if there are more requests and we don't forget :-)).

Andrei