[Serusers] Asterisk + SIP integration for SIPLE. Newb needs advice.

Ryan Churches ryan.churches at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 10:36:14 CET 2006

Ive administrate several Asterisk servers, and sometimes one company
will have multiple servers with their own respective users.
Unfortunately users of one server are unable to see the presence state
of a user on another server.

I understand that SER can (a) be my presence agent or (b) can pass
SUBSCRIBErs to a respective asterisk box, but doesnt that result in
(a) clients subscribing to SER cannot see the presence states of local
channels on asterisk (i.e. a parking spot), or (b) clients not being
able to see the presence of clients SUBSCRIBing to a different
asterisk server (back to square 1)?

Can someone help me wrap my mind around how this could/should work.
Perhaps it can't be made to work at all.

All i'm looking for is a general direction to research in.  The
question as best i can phrase it susinctly is "How can I use SER to
allow clients of disparate asterisk servers on disparate lans to have
a centralized presence roster?"