[Serusers] SER pre-release - Presence and NOTIFY

SER LIST sergrp at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 12 05:22:34 CET 2006

Hi, I have SER Proxy and PRESENCE running on different machines. REGISTERS
are being forwarded by SER Proxy to PRESENCE and PRESENCE is storing the
location information in "location" db.

What I am seeing is that when the PRESENCE Server sends NOTIFYs to watchers,
it sends them to the SER PROXY (destination IP Is that of SER PROXY) but the
URI in NOTIFY is that of the watchers LOCATION INFO. Is this correct? I
would like the NOTIFY URI to contain the SIP DOMAIN and not the contact
info.

e.g. user 444 registers with SER PROXY (sip.xx.com). It is registering from
10.1.1.1:12321 (location info).  SER PROXY sends the REGISTER TO Presence
server which stores this info in location database (location is
444 at 10.1.1.1:12321). Now when Presence Server sends NOTIFY, it sends it to
the SER PROXY IP BUT the NOTIFY URI IS:

NOTIFY sip:444 at 10.1.1.1:12321 SIP/2.0

How can I have the NOTIFY URI to be :

NOTIFY sip:444 at sip.xx.com SIP/2.0

Any suggestions would be higlhy appreciated.