[Serusers] Problem in using ser_ctl

Ajay Kolambekar ajay_kolambekar at persistent.co.in
Fri Nov 10 09:01:36 CET 2006

Hi,

I could resolve the problem.

Here is the explanation, might be helpful to somebody...
I was getting the error
symbol: mysql_set_character_set: ImportError'>

because _mysql.so could not find this function, this so is generated by
MySQL-Python package...
When I did nm to mysqlclient.so, I could not find the definition in that...
When I did nm to mysqlclient.a the definition was present there...

I selected static linking while building MySQL-Python package, for this it
used mysqlclient.a.

After this I could run ser_ctl successfully.

Thanks
Ajay