[Serusers] new major SER pre-release, Ottendorf, is out for testing

Michal Matyska michal at iptel.org
Thu Nov 9 15:20:24 CET 2006

You can find (at least partial) answer here:
http://www.iptel.org/attribute_value_pairs_and_selects

You can have attributes (AVPs) with the same name for both caller and
callee (like voicemail preference). To distinguish which track you want
to check, load etc. you can put track prefix to the name.

$t. or $t?. means TO track  (? is one letter CLASS)
$f. or $f?. means FROM track

Then there are classes with priority serach, when class is not
specified: uRi  User  Domain  Global.
The letter in uppercase is the one you use as class prefix. If you want
to specify class, you have to specify the track too.

Domain attrs are loaded upon lookup_domain if allowed by modparam.
Global attrs are loaded upon ser start if allowed by modparam.

So if ($tu.avp) {...} searches for AVP in TO track USER class only.
If you ommit the class, all classes are searched starting with the uri,
then user, domain and finally global. So you can have widespread default
value (in global class) which is then overriden with avps in user class.

To explain some statements from the ser.cfg:
lookup_user("$tu", "@to.uri") stores avp with name uid in the TO track,
USER class; you cannot change the name of the attribute here

load_attrs("$tu","$t.uid") will search for avp with uid name in the TO
track in all classes (uri, user, domain, global) until first one is
found. Then the value is used to load all attributes from user_attrs db
table into to TO track USER class.

if ($t.voicemail=="YES") {...} again searches in all classes of TO
track.

Note1: the global class is shared between TO and FROM tracks.
Note2: from the script you are allowed to change only uri and user
classes attributes.

Michal