[Serusers] Re: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

Rao Ramaratnamma raramarat at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 17:00:32 CET 2006

Greg,

The email from you and others is giving me the type of most direct fair insights I am  looking for . You know, just some practical "what is all this about" type of things for my selforientation.

Just that openser link you are attaching unfortunately looks too much like openser marketing material. It is saying that ser was discontinued but actually the information I'm getting from others telling me that it has some features which are very important and openser do not have. With all respect, it is understandable that openser people write nicely about themselves and less nicely about others but it remains so confusing that I do not have confidence to move with this particular material. The openser info just appears too little credible for me.

I think I am beginning to get the bottom line and I hope I will create my mind soon and if people have other information for me pls send it. Especially, objective technical information including this timer discussion is helping me. You know, better understanding what is the difference in "what they think is important". That would surely help me beyound the filosophical "cats or dogs, who is a better friend of man" information aqusition phase people surely like to be engaged in :-)

Thank you all guys for keeping helping me a lot,

rr