[Serusers] how to search in usrloc?

sandrinho1976 at libero.it sandrinho1976 at libero.it
Fri Nov 3 01:13:24 CET 2006

Hi everyone.

I'm facing this problem when configuring a Ser as a proxy and a registrar.

I have the Ser and a IP pbx: the pbx registers itself on the proxy as
pbx@<pbx_ip> (Contact header).
I had to manage INVITEs messages for incoming call that are going
towards the Ser, sent by UACs in the network.

INVITEs are coming in the form <telephone_number>@<ser_ip> (Req-URI):
Ser had to decide if <telephone_number> is managed by the IP pbx (it has this information) and eventually, do a rewrite uri to
<telephone_number>@<pbx_ip> and then forward the message to pbx.

So far, it's all ok.

Unfortunately, i have to handle also this situation: the ip pbx is down.
At the present, the INVITE is forwarded towards the pbx, the ip pbx does not respond and after 10 seconds the requesting UACs sends a CANCEL.
This latency is not acceptable.
I'm looking for a way to implement this:
after the rewrite uri to <telephone_number>@<pbx_ip>, look if I have a
contact in usrloc with <pbx_ip> (i.e. the pbx is still registered): if
not, send immediately a response 4xx to UAC.
The problem is that i'm not able to access the usrloc db from the
routing script... any hint?

Thanks a lot...