[Users] Couple of usagequestions (trunking/alias, )

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Nov 28 22:24:29 CET 2006

Andreas Sikkema wrote:

>On Tuesday 28 November 2006 21:24, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>

>>For inbound calls it is rather simple - just use aliases to map the DIDs
>>over the username.
>>

>Where can I find more information on aliases? I've seen the alias_db module,
>but that is just the backend, it doesn't really describe what frontend the
>backend supports.

alias_db provides both frontend and backend - it fully implement alias
support with DB backend (no cache).
you may also consider using the register+location module to get the same
functionality (with permanent contacts) - it may do caching, but more
difficult to provision.

>>The problem is for outbound calls - the issue is how the user may choose
>>the outbound DID. here you can do several tricks:
>>       1) use RPID to advertise the selected DID - user selects the
>>outgoing DID via an interface on the proxy
>>       2) user change the the CPE cfg to use a specific DID in FROM hdr,
>>but maintaining constant the auth username to be able to do auth.
>>

>I'd prefer option 2 because that is what I think matches with the way I feel
>it should work.

in this case the user will be uniquely identify via the authentication
ID; he can use for SIP ID whatever DID he has assigned (which will get
into From hdr). Authentication will work, but for checking the mapping
between the auth ID and SIP ID use the "user_db" module with uri table.

regards,
bogdan