[Users] determining originating address

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Thu Nov 2 01:13:42 CET 2006

Perhaps the Source IP address pseudo variable is what you are looking for.

Reference to it can be found at:
http://openser.org/docs/pseudo-variables-1.1.x.htm
Section: 3.45. IP source address

With $si on one side of the equation, you need something on the other side.
This can be perhaps a hardcoded IP address or perhaps an $avp() variable.
Pretty much any business logic can be used to pull an IP out of a
database table and put it into an avp variable.

With $si on one side of the equation and an $avp() on the other, you can
then perform various comparisons.

Another approach might be to use the permissions module and the
"trusted" table.
Using this method, a simple "allow_trusted()" call can be made to
determine is an address is "trusted".

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Norm