[Serusers] mediaproxy 1.7.2 start problems

Andrey Kouprianov andrey.kouprianov at gmail.com
Tue May 30 18:54:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have tried to install mediaproxy 1.7.2. So, i did. Configuration was
about the same as 1.4.2, however, "mediaproxy start", just started
mediaproxy.py, but not proxydispatcher.py. Version 1.4.2 started them
both w/o any problem. Trying to start proxydispatcher.py independently
did not give any results. /var/run/proxydispatcher.sock is simply not
there anymore. There are no logs or whatsoever, that I could show you,
because I did not find any. Anyway, here's the config (NOTE:
mediaproxy's running on the same machine as SER):

[Dispatcher]
start = yes
socket = /var/run/proxydispatcher.sock
listen = <my IP address>
group = wheel
defaultProxy = /var/run/mediaproxy.sock

[MediaProxy]
start = yes
socket = /var/run/mediaproxy.sock
group = wheel
listen = <my IP address>
allow = <my IP address>, 127.0.0.1
proxyIP = <my IP address>
portRange = 60000:65000
TOS = 0xb8
idleTimeout = 60
holdTimeout = 3600
forceClose = 10800

[Accounting]
dbaccounting = off

//<my IP address> is IP of SER/mediaproxy machine
// the rest is irrelevant

Please, also note that I dont have a DNS SRV entry for media proxy.
Could that cause the problem?
One way or another, I had to downgrade back to 1.4.2. Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance.

Andrey.