[Serusers] Re: Registering users

S.A.S. Lorensuhewa aruna at cc.ruh.ac.lk
Tue May 30 09:04:14 CEST 2006

Daer All,

I also a new user for this list from Sri Lanka. I am also having the same
problem. I have installed MySql and Ser in a Fedora box. I also add user
from serctl and start both services without any problem.

Finally I configure Xlite and try to see whether users are registering using
serctl ul show and didn't see anything and also UA fails to register. My
problem is how to identify the problem.

What I have done explained below
 --------------------------------
1. Intall ser....rpm and ser-mysql...rpm for Fedora 4.5
2. change some settings in ser-mysql.sh
3. Run the der-mysql.sh

 here I gave domain as: ruh.ac.lk

4. Check the mysql tables (show tables) and other detials

5.  configure ser.cfg
 port=5060
 loadmodule ...mysql.so
 loadmodule  auth.so
 loadmodule auth_db.so

 modparam("usrloc",db_mod",2)
 modparam("auth_db","calculate_hal",yes)

 modparam("auth_db", "password_colum", "password")

6. Create two user accounts
  serctl add aruna aruna123 aruna at 192.248.48.12

7. Change the given setting in the my.cnf

8. restart mysql and ser

9.run serctl ul show

10. Install J-Lite in a another machine

11. Configure X-Lite

 Enabled: Yes
 Display Name:  Aruna
 UserName:  aruna at 192.248.48.12
 password:  aruna123
 domain: ruh.ac.lk
  etc.

 Network
 -------

 Auto Dtect: Yes
 Use ... SIP/RTP: Never

 Listen SIP Port: 5060
 Listen Rip Port:  8000

 Force Firewall Type:  do not force firewall type

12. But now User must login to the sip server.
 It is not hapenning

Thanks

Aruna