[Serusers] ser: problems with hearing voice

Andrey Kouprianov andrey.kouprianov at gmail.com
Tue May 23 19:24:05 CEST 2006

Yes you do. RTP (for voice and video) protocol normally uses ports
8000 for media transfer and 8001 for media control. If you are using
X-lite, then port 8000 is used definitely. A client like eyeBeam, may
choose from range of ports (i dont really know which exactly, but I
always see ports in the range of 6000-7000). And Skype, for instance,
can use ANY port available.

Anyway, you can monitor ports <= 1024 and open the rest. Those are
well known and they are the target. There are some ports > 1024 that
Windows uses for it's services and you might want to find our what
those (because, i dont really know :) are and monitor them as well.

Good luck.