[Serusers] Question regarding PA snapshot

Dave ddx66 at yahoo.com
Sun May 21 21:35:29 CEST 2006

Hi, I downloaded the Presence (PA) snapshot 4.1 and
after hours trying to make it work with my OLD
SER0.9.6 ser.cfg file, I realized the following:
1) The PA snapshot works with the example ser.cfg
provided in the distribution
2) The PA snapshot is "different" from 0.9.6 in terms
of DB schema, API's, etc. e.g. there is no "alias"
table, subscriber has been renamed to "customer", etc.

My questions:
1) Is the PA snapshot meant to run on a separate
server handling only SUBSCRIBE, PUBLISH and MESSAGE
which are to forwarded by the main SER PROXY?

2) Can I use my ser 0.9.6 proxy and forward all SUB,
MESSAGE and PUBLISH to a different server running the
PA snapshot?

If yes, Do the two servers (SER 0.9.6 and PA 4.1) need
to share the SER database or each will run it's own DB
schema?

3) It seems that I cannot run my  ser.cfg SER PROXY
script on the PA 4.1 snapshot due to database and api
issues. Does this mean that I need to modify my
ser.cfg that does proxying to fit with the PA 4.1
api/database in order to use presence?

Any pointers and help will be appreciated.
Regards,
Dave