[Serusers] New MySQL results in aborted connections from SER

Stephen Helfen steve_helfen at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 22:50:12 CEST 2006

I was able to get ser (0.9.6) running with mysql 4.1.16, but upon upgrading
to mysql 5.0.21, I am having problems again.  MySQL loads fine, as does SER,
but when my UA attempts to register with the database, I see these errors
throughout my mysql log:

[Warning] Aborted connection 109 to db: 'nv_proxy' user: 'nvproxy' host:
'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

If I try to make a call, I get a 407 Proxy Authentication Required failure,
which I expect.  There are no errors in /var/log/messages that indicate what
exactly the problem is with my database access, so ser seems to think things
are okay.

Has anyone seen this before or have any idea what I might have missed in my
upgrade from 4.1.16 to 5.0.21 MySQL?

Thanks in advance,
Steve