[Serusers] SER and XCAP Server

Vaclav Kubart vaclav.kubart at iptel.org
Wed May 10 16:51:18 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 03:24:51PM +0100, Miguel Freitas wrote:

> >It is no problem if you have in config file something like this:
> >
> >        if (method=="SUBSCRIBE") {
> >                if (@to.tag=="") {
> >                }
> >                else {
> >                        if (!handle_rls_subscription("0")) {
> >                                lookup_user("To");
> >                                handle_subscription("registrar");
> >                        }
> >                }
> >
> >This means that SUBSCRIBE requests with nonempty to tag (renewal
> >subscriptions) are handled by RLS module first and if it fails (for
> >example the subscription doesn't exist) it is handled by PA. In the case
> >of unexisting resource list subscription it shows this warning.
>

> I was missing line
>     lookup_user("To");

It was missing in the presence handbook too - it will be corrected in
next version.

> Shouldn't the resource list of subscriptions be stored on the SER DB?
> Because I'm getting that Waning all the time and I can't find any entry
> related with subscriptions (table rls_subscription, ...)

No DB is not problem there. I will correct it in CVS - this warning will
not be displayed if parameter will be "0".

> >Could you send network dump of such messages?
> >

> I have captured SIP and HTTP packets with Ethereal, sending file..
> (It doesn't include packets changed between SER and apache because they are
> on the same machine and I don't have access to it right now)
> SER and apache on 193.136.93.140
> SIP domain = itav140.av.it.pt
> eyeBeam <sip:4004 at 193.136.93.252> and <sip:4002 at 193.136.92.68 >
> After register, client <sip:4002 at 193.136.92.68 <sip:4002 at 193.136.92.68>>
> changes his status to Away (packet 53)
> <sip:4004> receives the new presence status of <sip:4002> (packet 55 and 75)
> But when <sip:4002> renew his PUBLISH (packet 79) he doesn't include a
> message body with his presence state.
> So, the subsequent NOTIFY received by <sip:4004> (packet 85) doesn't include
> the presence status Away any more, even thou <sip:4002> hasn't changed his
> status.
> After that, the client <sip:4004> shows <sip:4002> as Available, when he is
> Away.

Bingo! You have found a bug in SER - thanks! I have read it in RFC now,
and in the case of empty body needs the state be refreshed, not cleared
as was done. I will correct it soon.

	Vaclav