[Serusers] ser.cfg children=

Evan Borgström evan.borgstrom at ca.mci.com
Tue May 9 21:51:24 CEST 2006

	There are plenty of legitimate uses for having SER listen on a loopback
address. I have one server that runs two instances of SER, one for SIP
messaging and the other as a SIMPLE<->XMPP (jabber) gateway. They
communicate over the loopback interface.

	To turn off different interfaces just modify your listen statements.
For instance if you only want things to listen on eth0 add 'listen=eth0'
to your global statements. If you want just UDP on eth0 use
'listen=udp:eth0'.

	FWIW, a good rule of thumb is to run services blacklist centric (ie.
deny everything by default and then allow only the things you want) so
the more specific your listen statements are the easier it is to
anticipate the traffic you will receive.

-Evan