[Serusers] SER 0.9.6 missing modules

Steve Helfen steve.helfen at nexvortex.com
Sat May 6 15:20:40 CEST 2006

I am attempting to upgrade SER from 0.8.12 to 0.9.6, but am having some
problems with the new modules.  The base ser.cfg file for 0.9.6 calls
the following loadmodules:

# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
#loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modulesmysql.so"

loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modulessl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modulestm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modulesrr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modulesmaxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modulesusrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modulesregistrar.so"
loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modulestextops.so"

# Uncomment this if you want digest authentication
# mysql.so must be loaded !
#loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modulesauth.so"
#loadmodule "/usr/lib/ser/modulesauth_db.so"

Unfortunately, when I install the ser and ser-mysql modules in FC4, I
don't get any of these modules.  Am I missing something obvious here?

In addition, does anyone have information regarding the compatibility of
the following applications:

SER  0.8.12 and MySQL 5.0.21
SER  0.9.6 and MySQL 4.1.1

Thanks in advance.