[Serusers] SER pa and XCAP server

Miguel Freitas a23875 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 12:56:25 CEST 2006

Hi all

I'm trying to get a SER with pa, rls and mysql modules to test it as a XCAP
server, along with Apache2 webserver and eyeBeam softphone...

At start, I ran into lots of info how to do it, and the presence handbook
seamed to be a good way to start.
I came across http://download.dns-hosting.info/XCAP/ which could get me
where I wanted (but there's no reference to which version of SER used).

But it was only the beginning of a long and hard struggle!

I downloaded the sources ser-0.10.99-dev35-pa-4 from
http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/ser/presence/ but I didn't manage to install it,
later I realized that maybe I shouldn't be using the gcc 4.

So I moved on to the debian packages, but there isn't a release of the rls
module!

So I moved on to the sources of the latest release, ser-0.9.6. Still no rls
module, I got it from ser-0.10.99-dev35-pa-4.
But it has been a nightmare to config the ser.cfg because the module pa
doesn't support some of the functions described on the presence handbook..

I abandoned ser-0.10.99-dev35-pa-4 because, among other things, the tool
serctl was working with the older version of the SER database (trying to add
new users to ser.subscriber instead of ser.credentials)

I could use some pin-points to where I should go now, if stick with
ser-0.9.6 or move again to ser-0.10.99-dev35-pa-4 since it should be more
what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help

ubuntu 5.10
gcc 3.4.5
MySQL 4.1.12 (libmysqlclient14-dev)
Apache 2.0.54 (libapache2-mod-suphp, libapache2-mod-php4, php4-pear,
php4-cgi)