[Users] Re:how to run openser through monit daemon?

Padmaja RV padmaja.rv at vodcalabs.com
Tue May 30 10:35:09 CEST 2006

Hi!
 Thank you for the mail.

I have already followed all the steps mentioned in the links .
http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=install_and_maintain_openser_from_cvs
http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=make_openser.init_script_work

... pls see my previous mail below.... after all these steps when i actually
want to run openser from  /etc/init.d/openser start command, it starts monit
daemon and then the command prompt appears back..... when i go to the
directory /var/run/ i cant see the openser.pid file and also the monit
daemon after a while responds that it could nt start openser. this i can see
at http://localhost:2812 where the web interface for the monit is
running...........

Please let me know the problem free and preferred source of running
openser.... which is the best way to run openser (is it from binary or cvs)?

Thanks and Regards,
Padmaja