[Users] OpenSER dimensioning. How many calls/sec can it set up?

Edson 4lists at gmail.com
Tue May 30 03:40:51 CEST 2006

My two cents:

OpenSER/SER can handle hundreds of concurrent calls, but as a 'simple'
SIP-Proxy not as a media-proxy (RTP-Proxy). Your numbers would be clearer if
You could aggregate information on the loads only from OpenSER/SER, without
MediaProxy or RTPProxy. You would get some very impressive numbers,
unfortunately dropped by the [Media|RTP]proxy presence.

Try to review Your configuration, so that You forward to media-aware servers
only calls that needed it (with one UA sitting behind a NAT box,p.ex.), not
all. It would give a 'little' more headache for design and maintenance, but
would permit a higher concurrent call number... ;)

Edson.