[Users] real loading

unplug maillisting at gmail.com
Wed May 24 10:17:15 CEST 2006

Hi,
Do you mean the 481 won't harm the system operation?  Why openser
creates 2 BYEs message instead of 1 and cause gateway to reponse 481?

>From my case, my PC for testing is P3 1GHz and 384M ram.  I find that
number of the RTP connection is related to CPU loading.  Below data is
captured using sipp.
call: 3 / second
concurrent: 30
CPU usage: 80%
total call: 1000
unexpected message: 481

call: 4 /second
concurrent: 90
CPU usage > 90%
total call: 1000
unexpected message: 481 & 408

>From the information above, CPU is the main factor of the number of
RTP session.  What is the real implementation for using openser with
mediaproxy to handle over 1000 RTP concurrent session?

Below is the screen dump about worst case in 4 calls /second.  Sipp
will quit with the following error
Send: failed with Address family not supported by protocol
                                             Aborted
  4 new calls during 1.000 s period      2 ms scheduler resolution
  32 concurrent calls (limit 108)        Peak was 108 calls, after 105 s
  483 out-of-call msg (discarded)
  1 open sockets
  102335 Total RTP pckts                 285.516 last period RTP rate (kB/s)

                                 Messages  Retrans   Timeout   Unexpected-Msg
      INVITE ---------->         511       141       0
         100 <----------         624       0                   74
         180 <----------         0         0                   0
         183 <----------         295       0                   0
         200 <---------- E-RTD   431       129                 0

         ACK ---------->         431       129
              [ NOP ]
       Pause [   8000ms]         431                           13
              [ NOP ]
       Pause [   1000ms]         392                           8
         BYE ---------->         384       809       7
         403 <----------         0         0                   130
         200 <----------         247       0                   0

------ [+|-|*|/]: Adjust rate ---- [q]: Soft exit ---- [p]: Pause traffic -----