[Users] OpenSER and Eyebeam 1.5 with TLS

Teemu Harju teemu.harju at gmail.com
Tue May 16 07:46:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to get OpenSER to work with Eyebeam 1.5 using TLS, but I
always get a certificate error. I've created certificates using
"gen_rootCA.sh" and "gen_usercert.sh" scripts. Which of these certificates I
should store to the machine running the eyebeam client?

Eyebeam requires the certificate to be stored to the computers "root
certificate store". This is what the user manual says...

"When using TLS, you must have the root certificate that signs the proxy's
chain of certificates. The certificates must be stored on the eyeBeam
computer, in the root certificate store."

I think I've figured out how to import a new certificate to Windows XP, but
by default it does not support .pem files. I've changed the extension to
.crt since that is what Windows recognises, but this doesn't seem to help.
Somehow the certificate just does not appear to the root certificate store.

What certificate I should put to the client machine? Do I also need to use
the private key generated by "gen_usercert.sh" for something on the client
side?

BR,

Teemu

--