[Users] limiting number of calls

Jayesh Nambiar voip_freak at yahoo.co.in
Tue May 9 21:37:53 CEST 2006

Hi bogdan,
  Thanks for the reply...
  My requirement is as follows:
  - I want to limit the number of incoming calls per user can receive.
  - I think, it is possible using the avpops module. But can someone please give me a hint on where to start to implement this.
  - Now since the dialogue module is out, I dont think there wud be a problem of missing byes as it will terminate the session after a certain timeout.
  - Is it possible in openser script to somehow set a counter.
  - for eg. the counter will be set to 2 when any user receives a call and it will be decremented when the same user receives a call again, and when the count for that user is 0, he will receive no more calls.
  - This counter has to be enabled on a per user basis.
  - Please let me know if this is possible.
  - I need to achieve this because otherwise any user can have an 8 port or 24 port gateway registered with my openser and receive so many calls at the same time. I want to avoid this happening.

  thanks in advance......
  jayesh.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro> wrote:
  Hi,

the dialog module functionality is yet simple - it can monitor the call
(catching BYEs and other sequential requests); if no BYE is received,
the dialog will expire after a defined timeout.

it can count the number of calls, but globally and not per user.

regards,
bogdan