[Users] 408 error

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue May 9 18:33:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

the 408 timeout is for the PRACK request - the calling phone sends a
PRACK to proxy and proxy to GW, but the GW never reply to the PRACK, so
the proxy sends back 408 to calling phone. And probably this cause the
call to hang.

the PRACK is within the dialog request (the INVITE dialog).

if the GW does not support PRACK, either disable the phone to sent PRACK
,either reply them with 200 OK on the proxy.

regards,
bogdan