[Users] failover

Cseke Tamas cseke.tamas at eworldcom.hu
Tue May 9 15:23:11 CEST 2006

Mike Williams wrote:

>If you use only transaction statefulness (the only stateful mode the stable branch of OpenSER can do), this should not be a problem, as the INVITE and BYE messages are separate transactions. If you account to the same backend, you should maintain accounting consistency, too.
>
>---Mike

That means, if one proxy dies during the session, the UA'll make a DNS
SRV lookup, find the other proxy, and send the BYE to it instead of the
proxy, which served the INVITE?
Beacause of openser is only transaction stateful it don't know nothing
about the session eg: to which INVITE belongs to this BYE?
I planned to use TM module t_replicate function to replicate all
messages to all proxy, it 's no sense, if openser doesn't maintain the
states of dialog, isn't it?

Thanks,
Tamas