[Users] different QoS tagging for voice and video RTP

Rodney G. McDuff mcduff at its.uq.edu.au
Tue May 9 09:17:40 CEST 2006

I would like to tag my voice and video RTP with different QoS. If I'm
using SER/OpenSER I can QoS tag RTP thru either the mediaproxy or
rtpproxy. But that seem to currently tag both voice and video RTP with
the same QoS. I can use iptables (on linux) to also tag a particular UDP
port range with a particular DSCP value but again it seems difficult to
differentiate voice and video RTP unless one tries to allocate voice RTP
to one UDP range and video to another. Has anyone got any idea on how to
achieve this?

--
Dr. Rodney G. McDuff                 |Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam
Manager, Strategic Technologies Group|    Ex luce ad tenebras