[Serusers] fr_inv_timer_avp on the fly....

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Wed Mar 29 21:36:53 CEST 2006

Can anyone think of a way, perhaps using AVPs, perhaps using a custom module,
that I might do something like set fr_inv_timer_avp on the fly to a value
pulled from the database?

I was looking at the AVP commands, and I couldn't figure out a way of grabbing
a number of seconds from the DB (that part's easy enough), storing it into an
AVP, and then storing the value from that AVP into fr_inv_timer_avp.

Now, storing statically is easy enough... at the top of my ser.cfg, I have:

modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer_avp", "inv_timeout")

And off inside the cfg, I've got:

avp_write("i:45","inv_timeout");

... to write a static number of 45 seconds to the inv_timeout. That works.
I'm just trying to think of a way to make it dynamic, storing a value for that
number of seconds in the DB, and retrieving it on a per-user basis (so each
user could set his individual timeout values should he so desire).

Maybe I'm just not thinking about this correctly. Anyone have a direction I
could try?

N.