[Serusers] Bug in SERWEB

Karel Kozlik karel at iptel.org
Fri Mar 24 15:01:19 CET 2006

> Yes, it was in ser.cfg. But despite that, a few users have duplicate
> aliases ID's. Are you sure that you are locking the tables for
> concurrent access?
>
> There could be several subscriptions at the same time leading to that
> kind of problem.

Hi Damien,
yes, you are right. Sorry, I didn't realize this. But I am not sure if
locking tables is possible in this case. Because the next free alias is
get directly from DB, but new alias is created by calling FIFO function
of SER. It is SER responsibility to write the new alias to DB. However,
this behavior is changed in new version of ser/serweb.

You may try to set:

modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 1)

in your ser.cfg. Altought the tables still is not locked the probability
  of generation two same aliases is much less.

Karel