[Serusers] SER / Asterisk on the same box - no audio

Corey S. McFadden csm-lists at csma.biz
Thu Mar 23 22:09:31 CET 2006

Hi,

This is probably something obvious but it's the first time we've had to do
a SER/Asterisk implementation on the same box.  I know other people are
doing this, so if anyone can point out the error, please let me know!

Here's the scenario:
  - PSTN Gateway > SER > UA (No problems)
  - PSTN Gateway > SER > Asterisk VM (No Audio)
  - UA > SER > Asterisk VM (No Audio)

The SER/Asterisk box is set up like this:
  - SER listens on port 5060
  - Asterisk listens on port 5061

I was suspicious about the interaction between rtpproxy and Asterisk on
the RTP ports but verified that they're not overlapping.  I've also
experimented with the various NAT options in Asterisk, but that had no
effect.  (It's all public internet, so I didn't think that it would...)

Configs:

** SER
<ser.cfg>
..snip..

listen=x.x.x.x
port=5060
children=4

..snip..

         if (uri=~"^sip:32400@") { # Internal Hofstra.edu
                 xlog("L_ERR", "32400 from %is.\n");
                 rewriteuri("sip:32400 at x.x.x.x:5061");
                 route(1);
                 break;
         };
..snip..
</ser.cfg>

** Asterisk (sip.conf):
<sip.conf>
[general]
context=in
bindport=5061
bindaddr=x.x.x.x
srvlookup=yes

[ser]
type=peer
host=x.x.x.x
insecure=very
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=in
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
</sip.conf>

Anyhow, if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks!
-Corey