[Serusers] QoS statistics in rtpproxy

Arek Bekiersz sip at perceval.net
Tue Mar 21 11:30:25 CET 2006

Hi,

Is it possible to add some sort of Quality of Service statistics to
rtpproxy? I.e. for every session we could measure both: average and
maximum jitter or percentage of packet drops. Then result of such
statistics could be reported in session statistics in syslog. Or in some
external database.

If we provide such reporting in some small database, then later we could
integrate this with open source CDR development for SER. For example,
every call will have information about its Quality, apart from call
begin and end time information. My favourite XML IPDR profile for VoIP
has very nice call Quality assessment information, that can be reported
together with CDR information (check out www.ipdr.org).

I will start sooner or later to work on Open Source IPDR CDR module or
application for SER (I promise!!). In that case I could easily
incorporate reporting about call quality, when rtpproxy was used.

What do you think?

--
Regards,
Arek Bekiersz