[Serusers] SER + B2BUA

Arek Bekiersz sip at perceval.net
Tue Mar 14 15:54:03 CET 2006

I haven't received that email from Ryan Pagquil...

Voipers Portugal wrote:
> If the client crashes, probably the other side will hang up the call,
> and then the gateway will send the bye after it hangs up.
 > Jose Simoes

Yes. It will send BYE then. But I do not rely only on this.
I rely mostly on the fact, that my remote gateways always send BYE after
they don't receive RTP/RTCP for some predefined time.

If it wasn't this way, I would have to use B2BUA or similar solution.

For crashed UA with active RTP/RTCP session - it happens rarely. But
then usually gateway will detect crash (something WILL be wrong with
RTP/RTCP from UA). Or other side will cut the call, just as Jose said.

--
Regards,
Arek Bekiersz