[Serusers] FreeRadius MD5 Problem

Edson 4lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 21:58:07 CET 2006

I'm facing some really weird problem. Let's try to explain, but first my
config (basically):

OpenSUSE 10.0
FreeRadius 1.0.4-4
RadiusClient-NG 0.5.2
SER 0.9.6
MySQL 5.0.18

THE GOALs: upgrade from SER 0.8.4 to 0.9.6; MySQL from 4.0 to 5.0.

THE SCENE: FreeRadius, using MySQL as back-end, as SER. SER configured to
consult Radius and make account on both places (Radius and MySQL). I have
this same configuration running and OK, but on an old version of SER (0.8.4)
+ MySQL 4.0 + RadiusClient-NG 0.5.0. MySQL is running OK and responding to
all queries, as expected.

THE PROBLEM: with the upgrade the RadiusClient-NG is reporting that the
digest (MD5) returned by the Radius server isn't correct. If I tweak the
code of sendserver.c (radiusclient-ng-0.5.2/lib/sendserver.c) to compile it
with DEBUG displays, it shows me that different digests. One that comes from
FreeRadius and another calculated.

So now I stuck... I can not go on with the upgrade 'til I find a solution to
this issue. Not using Radius is not a possibility.

Did anybody cross this problem and find a solution?

Edson.