[Serusers] dbtext authentication and password encryption

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Mar 9 11:16:58 CET 2006

YOu can store them as HA1 strings (see RFC2617 for details). Basically it is
an MD5 hash of username, realm, and password. It is still not very secure,
because if someone gets access to the string then he could authenticate
using a modified SIP user agent, but at least people won't see the passwords
by accident.

To enable this set:

modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", no)
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "ha1")

You can generate the HA1 strings using gen_ha1 tool (which is installed with
 SER).

  Jan.